Monday 19 March

What a glorious day!..

I got up early to wonderful sunshine and set off for a walk along Hain Walk and around over Porthminster Point.  This route takes me past this amazing house with a garden that drapes down to the path, absolutely smothered in cactus and plants.  I just had to photograph some.

Then down onto the beach and across to the rocks at the end where there are clusters of my favourite mussel shells... one of my favourite inspirations for drawing and painting.

This photo of a wet rock could be a painting in itself... you can't beat nature at her best!

And finally this one - mussel shells and barnacles.  Gorgeous.

Then back to the studio for a morning finishing off more small paintings for the exhibition.  I'm really pleased with these - I seem to be going into a black and white phase!..





Not a bad day... off for a well earned glass of wine now!...





Popular Posts