The Crypt - Book Sculpture

Following on from the post below, here are some photos of the book sculptures that featured in my exhibition.


This one is very aptly called 'Fifty Shades'... note the key and wire stitching.  Having waded through the trilogy (yes, I know, I need to get a life!) I decided the only fitting end to such tripe was to make it into a book sculpture



'Il Codice' came about after my recent, wonderful holiday in Tivoli.  We were staying in a old monastry with this olive and lemon grove below.  One morning I was foraging in the dry ground and found these wonderful, spiral seeds below the lemon tree.  I've no idea if that's what they're from, but I just had to bring a pocketful home with me.  The little book is an italian version of 'The Da Vinci Code' which I picked up in a local tobacconist as I was intrigued by the format of the book which is a 'flip book'.


'St Ives Mussels' - says it all really!



'A Penny For Your Thoughts' - an old book with 1901 pennies


'Beach Treasure', another folded Charles Dickens, old book with treasure foraged from the beach here - Mussel shell with crunchy barnacles, blue and white fragment of pottery, and smooth grey pebbles.


Last but not least, three of my little Art Dolls made with vintage lace, dyed silks, ribbons and papier mache.  The little one on the left has now gone to a new home!

Popular Posts