NEW BEGINNINGS


The year may have started off a little more gloomy than we'd all hoped and although there is light on the horizon, we still have a way to go before we feel less vulnerable and can hug those we love and miss.  

I hope you are well and safe and managing to cope with this very strange way of being.  So many people have suffered and I've found it a very difficult time to try and be creative with starting large artworks, but have kept myself occupied with small projects and hours of therapeutic knitting.


However, one exciting and positive bit of news I would like to share with you is that this month, I have moved into a new studio workshop in St Ives which is just around the corner from Back Road Artworks where I have been for the past 8 years.

Its been wonderful being part of a collective of artists and all the fun that has brought, but I feel it is time for me to go back to having my own space to work in and to be able to fully display the full range of mixed media work I do, and to be able to show visitors work in progress etc.

My new studio is at: 

White's Old Workshops, Porthmeor Road (off Back Road East), St Ives, Cornwall.


So this photo, showing a bare space and a happy artist, was a week ago when I was handed the keys to my lovely new studio... and below is another photo showing  the slow progress of moving my things in and deciding how to arrange the room to work properly for me.  



I've a long way to go yet to make it into a proper 'Sally' space, but its an exciting project to have during lockdown to keep me occupied (though it would be nice if it didn't keep me awake so many nights making endless lists!).

I will post again when its all looking gorgeous - and hopefully it won't be too long before St Ives can open its doors again to welcome everyone back for your long awaited holidays and breaks.  I should love to see you if you're here, so keep please keep in touch.


 



 


Popular Posts